Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev
2016-09-24 06:36:00 UTC
notably, I have reworked it to be a *replacement* for BIP 1 rather than an
Please review it. If things go well, hopefully we can get this done by
Other recent changes include:
* OPL will no longer be an acceptable license. Many in the community feel that
prohibiting publication is unacceptable for BIPs, and I haven't heard any
arguments in favour of allowing it.
* Accepted Status has been renamed to Proposed. The name "Accepted" seems a
constant source of confusion since it requires only action from the author.
* Non-image auxiliary files are permitted in the bip-XXXX subdirectory. This
was already the norm despite BIP 1.
* Email addresses are now required for authors. The Travis script has been
enforcing this for months now already.
* The Post-History header may be provided as a link instead of a simple date.
A few BIPs were already doing this.
* Markdown format is no longer permitted for BIPs. I don't see the point in
allowing multiple formats, and so far we've been fine with just MediaWiki.
* The Resolution header has been dropped, as it is not applicable to a
decentralised system where no authority exists to make final decisions.
Other changes already in the previous draft of BIP 2:
* An implementation is now required (when applicable) before BIPs can proceed
to Proposed Status.
* BIP Comments are newly introduced.
* The License preamble headers have been added.