Wladimir J. van der Laan via bitcoin-dev
2017-06-17 11:40:22 UTC
Or by torrent:
This is a new minor version release, including various bugfixes and
performance improvements, as well as updated translations.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github:
To receive security and update notifications, please subscribe to:
Bitcoin Core is extensively tested on multiple operating systems using
the Linux kernel, macOS 10.8+, and Windows Vista and later.
Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on [April 8th, 2014](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/end-of-xp-support),
No attempt is made to prevent installing or running the software on Windows XP, you
can still do so at your own risk but be aware that there are known instabilities and issues.
Please do not report issues about Windows XP to the issue tracker.
Bitcoin Core should also work on most other Unix-like systems but is not
frequently tested on them.
Bundled miniupnpc was updated to 2.0.20170509. This fixes an integer signedness error
(present in MiniUPnPc v1.4.20101221 through v2.0) that allows remote attackers
(within the LAN) to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified
This only affects users that have explicitly enabled UPnP through the GUI
setting or through the `-upnp` option, as since the last UPnP vulnerability
(in Bitcoin Core 0.10.3) it has been disabled by default.
If you use this option, it is recommended to upgrade to this version as soon as
Since 0.14.0 the approximate transaction fee shown in Bitcoin-Qt when using coin
control and smart fee estimation does not reflect any change in target from the
smart fee slider. It will only present an approximate fee calculated using the
default target. The fee calculated using the correct target is still applied to
the transaction and shown in the final send confirmation dialog.
0.14.2 Change log
Detailed release notes follow. This overview includes changes that affect
behavior, not code moves, refactors and string updates. For convenience in locating
the code changes and accompanying discussion, both the pull request and
git merge commit are mentioned.
### RPC and other APIs
- - #10410 `321419b` Fix importwallet edge case rescan bug (ryanofsky)
### P2P protocol and network code
- - #10424 `37a8fc5` Populate services in GetLocalAddress (morcos)
- - #10441 `9e3ad50` Only enforce expected services for half of outgoing connections (theuni)
### Build system
- - #10414 `ffb0c4b` miniupnpc 2.0.20170509 (fanquake)
- - #10228 `ae479bc` Regenerate bitcoin-config.h as necessary (theuni)
- - #10245 `44a17f2` Minor fix in build documentation for FreeBSD 11 (shigeya)
- - #10215 `0aee4a1` Check interruptNet during dnsseed lookups (TheBlueMatt)
- - #10231 `1e936d7` Reduce a significant cs_main lock freeze (jonasschnelli)
- - #10294 `1847642` Unset change position when there is no change (instagibbs)
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:
- - Alex Morcos
- - Cory Fields
- - fanquake
- - Gregory Sanders
- - Jonas Schnelli
- - Matt Corallo
- - Russell Yanofsky
- - Shigeya Suzuki
- - Wladimir J. van der Laan
As well as everyone that helped translating on [Transifex](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/bitcoin/).